MI Template - Introduction
Last Updated on Tuesday, 13 April 2010 10:32 Written by Phil Bailey Monday, 12 April 2010 21:15
Purpose of the Template
As part of all IT projects, the business analyst must consider whether there are any requirements for new or changes to an existing management information report.
In what circumstances should you use the template?
The template should be used whenever you need to define a new management information report or need to make changes to an existing report.
What does the template allow you to capture?
The template has been designed to allow you to capture the following information about a management information report:
- A diagram that defines the business process to be followed to produce the report
- A textual description of the business process to be followed to produce the report
- Confirmation of the functional requirements to be met to produce the report
- A diagram that summarises the components and relationships between the entities involved in the report
- A textual description of the data model
- Details of the data tables that describe the components that make up the report
- A summary of the business rules that apply to the data
- A data map that links the data tables to the report
- An example report